February 20, 2010

That's Just Fishing

Today was the first BFL Gator Division Tournament on the Kissimmee Chain,  I finished 15th and got a check.  I worked hard all day to get a limit and caught my fifth fish just eight minutes before we had to be in for weigh-in. Tanya also fished her first BFL today, which made me really proud of her.  She didn't catch any fish but had a great time.  When we got home were checking some of the news stories about the Bassmaster Classic and saw how Denny Brauer also blanked today.  He had a great quote on Bassfan.com that said "That's just fishing," he said. "That happens."

Interesting that I was using a Denny Brauer Ardent F-700 Flip-N-Pitch reel today.  I love this reel for flippin' and pitchin'.  I caught all my fish today punching mats with a 1oz Tungsten weight, a Paycheck Punch Skirt (Gas Money color) and a Sweet Beaver.  My limit only weighed 8lbs 8oz, but it was worth alot of Angler of the Year points and got me a check. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job tyler...get a paycheck!

Archive