September 20, 2010

BassFan Article: Bolivar Decided Risk Was Too Great To Fish

Bassfan.com posted a pretty good article today about Gabe Bolivar and how he sat out  this year's FLW Tour Season.  It's interesting this came out now, I was just talking about this with my BFL partner last weekend.  Gabe was a fixture on the tour and was always pretty consistent.  I had the chance to pre-fish with him for two days on the Columbia River a few years ago and he was awesome at locating fish and taught me alot about how to practice efficiently.  You can read the entire story here.  I hope he gets back on the tour soon, he belongs there.  He isn't totally gone from fishing, and actually designed a crankbait and rip rap rod for IROD that should be awesome.  

2 comments:

Russ said...

Sell the house, wife, and kids and keep fishin, especially when you're that good!!!

If you look back at some of the great anglers over the past 30 years, most left home with just a few thousand bucks and a will to win.

TBRINKS said...

I agree. That's my plan. If I get the chance to fish like that I'll do whatever I can to make it work.

Archive