January 14, 2011

Did Anyone Watch Bassmaster's Day on The Lake Live with Bobby Lane?


I just watched a little bit of the recording from today's "Day on the Lake" Live with Bobby Lane.  I love the concept; watch a pro dissect a lake live to see how he adapts.  Sounds like a great way to learn something.  The only problem I have with this one is that it's on a private phosphate pit!  These places are awesome for catching fish, but they are private.  It's kind of like watching the Bill Dance shows.  I know he's gonna catch monster fish, but it's not always how it is on a public lake.  I like Bobby Lane, I even had the chance to fish with him, but wish he would have chosen another venue.  What do you think of this?  

2 comments:

Jeremy Thornton said...

I completely agree Tyler. I love watching fishing shows; city limits, bass pro's, ZAFS, UMF, Bass Edge (which isnt on anymore) and many more. I used to watch Bill Dance all the time but when i finally figured out he was either on his own lake or another private lake i stopped watching. I prefer to watch shows that are on lakes i can pull up and fish anytime. But i also get why they shoot stuff on private lakes. They have limited time to shoot these shows and a private lake allows them to somewhat control the conditions.

One of my favorite parts of reading Bassmaster magazine is the "day on the lake" segment.

TBRINKS said...

I agree...the shows on public water just seem more real to me. Glad we agree!

Archive