October 21, 2013

Smallie Smackdown

I have now fished five out of the last nine days and have spent 95% of my time with a dropshot rod in my hands, mostly because I haven't needed to put it down. The last two trips I didn't even make a cast with something other than with a dropshot rod, a Roboworm and 3/16oz dropshot weight. It's been great too, I've caught literally over a hundred fish and had two smallmouth over 5lbs, and multiple 3's this weekend. It's also the first extended period I have used the new Seaguar Smackdown braid.

My biggest of the year, 5.51lbs. Part of a 17+lb limit of all smallmouth.
It's now available at Tackle Warehouse and is really worth every penny. I've been using the 15lb with a 8lb fluorocarbon leader. My casting distance and sensitivity have been insane and just as importantly, the line has held up strong. I don't know how I ever used a dropshot without braid, it's like night and day. Definitely make the switch to braid on your spinning rods and if you are looking for a new brand of braid, take a look at Smackdown.

No comments:

Archive