May 5, 2016

Field & Stream Tec-Spec Elite Spinning Rod Review

I have had the chance to fish many different brands of fishing rods over the years. I own or have owned rods from just about every company out there. The quality of the rods now is so much better than it was when I started fishing years ago. 

With that being said, I have had the chance to fish a new rod that I would consider an entry-level rod and it far exceeded my expectations. The rod in question is a Field & Stream. They reached out to me asked me to do a product review of their rod and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. 


It was honestly something I may have never tried otherwise, but the brand is starting to become more popular and now have a whole line of products from rods to clothing. They also have several stores around the country and can also be found in your local Dick’s Sporting Goods. 

The model I used is a spinning rod in the Tec-Spec Elite lineup. FEHTSEGS610MLF, is the model name and it is a 6’10 Medium Light action rod. It’s a solid built rod and features an all blue design with micro guides and a split grip handle. 




Here are some more details from Field & Stream:

The Field & Stream® Tec-Spec Elite Spinning Rods ensure that your freshwater fishing performance is enhanced with technique-specific graphite. Constructed with 36-ton graphite, these rods are lightweight and sensitive for an optimum fishing experience. The split-grip with hybrid EVA reduces weight while Silicon Carbide (SiC) micro-guides increase sensitivity and reduce friction. The Field & Stream spinning rods' fast action makes freshwater fishing easy and enjoyable. 

FEATURES: 
  • Technique-specific graphite 
  • Constructed with 36-ton graphite for lightweight sensitivity 
  • Split-grip with hybrid EVA reduces weight 
  • Silicon Carbide (SiC) micro-guides increase sensitivity and reduce friction 
  • Strike Detect exposed blank reel seat 
  • 1 piece blank


I used this rod for a variety of finesse techniques from light wacky-rigs, shakey heads and of course drop-shot. I also found it to be a serviceable rod for small crankbaits like a Shad Rap that I was throwing on one trip. It’s lightweight and I found the action to be a true Medium Light. Many brands run heavy or light, but I do think this action was spot on. 

Overall it was cool to see the rod up close and actually get to use it. I had never checked out the lineup before and at the retail price of $79.99 it is well worth it. 

No comments:

Archive