July 15, 2019

A Review of Rheos Floating Sunglasses

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have never dropped a pair of sunglasses into the water only to watch them slowly descend to the bottom. But, I have seen it happen in my boat, and it wasn't a fun sight.

The good news for those who are fearful of this and/or clumsy enough that it happens is that there floating sunglasses available. There are actually quite a few different ones on the market.

One of those brands is Rheos, who contacted me about doing a review, and I was game to try them out.

The first thing I did when I received them was to put them on, of course, but once I hit the water, I threw them overboard. They do indeed float.


So they passed the first test. But, that doesn't mean we are done here. The real test would be how they feel, perform, and look.

For the most part, they are solid and well-built sunglasses. I didn't have any issues wearing them off and on for the past two months. Plus, they are polarized meaning you can see into the water with ease. This is a must for fishing, and they do that job well.


On the looks side, they are fine. I wouldn't rate them as incredibly stylish or downright ugly. They are a useful pair of sunglasses that do the job, and they are quite lightweight actually. My wife has borrowed them more than once to go running just because of how light and comfortable they are to wear. That's a plus and is a welcomed change from the heavy glass lenses I usually wear.


When compared to my regular sunglasses that cost five times as much, these $50 shades are a bargain. They do the job, feel good when wearing them, and the lightweight feel is a nice plus.

Overall, I feel that the Rheos brand of sunglasses is a smart choice for someone looking to get a good pair of sunglasses at a reasonable price. They have quite a few different styles and colors...plus they float!

No comments:

Archive