June 23, 2009

Summer is Swim Jig Time!

Summer officially started on Sunday, so that means the fish are going to be in their summer patterns; topwaters, frogs, plastic worms, and of course swim jigs! In the last year I have gained confidence in the bait and now always have one tied on during the summer or anytime there is grass in the area. My favorite brand to use is the Lethal Weapon swim jig. The Lethal Weapon II is the 1/4 oz and 3/8 oz sizes. The Lethal Weapon III is the smaller sizes 1/8 oz and 3/16 oz. These baits cannot be fished wrong. I like to cast in grass and slowly pump and reel as I bring it back in. As you can see they come in a huge selection of colors. My favorite color for overall conditions is black/blue, but anything with white or chartreuse also seems to do very well.

Try one out this summer. You will not be disappointed. If I had to pick one size and color it would be the 1/4 oz in black and blue.

No comments:

Archive