December 13, 2009

The Importance of Good Line

It seems like a tradition for us to fish every Sunday after church when we don't have a tournament. Today was no different. We have been catching plenty of fish lately on flick shake, drop shot and flukes...but haven't caught any decent size. They have all been a pound to two pounds. I finally caught a better one today on a junebug Damiki Stinger (Senko style bait). She was very fat and getting ready to spawn. I still can't get over how these fish in Florida spawn in December. It's still crazy to me. I had to pull her up a steep ten foot wall with grass wrapped all over her and branches in between me and her. My 15lb Seaguar AbrazX was awesome. After I released her, I checked the line and it wasn't frayed or even knicked.

No comments:

Archive