April 20, 2010

Swim Jigs!

I have been using a swim jig more and more lately and am liking it more every time I go out.  This weekend on Okeechobee I caught two nice keepers in the last hour that helped me cull up a few pounds.  I just ordered a couple Stanley SwimMax Swim Jigs in 1/2 oz.  I have a bunch of smaller ones in the 1/4 oz and 3/8 range but wanted to get some heavier ones.  What's your favorite size for swim jigs?  

I also bought some Gambler twin tail trailers that looked pretty good.  Can't wait to use these things. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your on the bandwagon! I jumped on last year and they are the bomb. I like 3/8th ounce booyah swimjigs, they hook up great and come though weeds and brush like there are no hooks.

TBRINKS said...

Your right...I'm on the bandwagon. I was using them when I lived in Washington for smallies, but now I'm officially a believer down here in FL.

Archive