May 3, 2010

Getting Wacky

It's been a couple days now since I fished the Lake Seminole American Fishing Series event and I have had time to think about what I could have done differently.  The Co-Angler who won the tournament was throwing a wacky-rigged watermelon red trick worm.  He caught a limit every day and ended up winning almost $8,000.  I threw this bait but I guess not enough.  He actually fished with my Day 2 partner on Day 3 and was able to catch a limit fishing behind him.  I only caught one fish and have a feeling they were in the same area.  I love using a wacky rig, but for some reason I didn't give it enough of a chance.  I guess next time I need to try some different things. 

2 comments:

LarryB said...

Hey there Tyler, tough tourney I see. I like this hook for wacky worm'n. What is it actually? I'm going to see if I can find some up here in Canada.
Nice work on the blog buddy. :-)

TBRINKS said...

That is an Owner weedless wacky rig hook. It's awesome! You can find them online at most stores.

Archive