August 16, 2010

How to Breathe Like A Fish


My tournament this weekend was a true test of heat endurance. It's Mid-August in South Florida, an already sticky situation, but this weekend was brutal. The Caloosahatchee River was the perfect place to test out my new Breath Like a Fish Shirt. The wind was almost non-existent and the heat index was 105 degrees. I had to drink over one hundred ounces of fluid to stay hydrated. As you can see in the picture, I do as much as possible to avoid the sun; the wide brim hat, the High UV Protection Buff, and also the Breathe Like a Fish Shirt. I want to do as much as I can now to protect myself from skin cancer and also stay cool when I'm fishing. I want to be as comfortable as possible so I can focus on fishing.

The shirt is made of light and comfortable microfiber material that wicks moisture and also has an UPF +30 rating. I wore it all day and was not uncomfortable at all. The sides of the shirt is vented with "gills" that allow air to flow through with ease. Anytime the boat was running or a breeze came up I was even cooler. The shirt comes with or without an attached mask. The attached mask is similar to the Buff I have on in the picture, but it's attached so you don't have to keep tucking it into the shirt like I did. I would recommend getting one with the mask attached to make it easier on you and save fishing time. I think these guys have a great product and it is something that will be useful anywhere, not just Florida. Check out the video for a little more about the shirt.




No comments:

Archive