September 26, 2010

How Often Do You Clean Your Reels?

I spent some time cleaning all my reels today.  It's been a while and the next month is going to be really busy for me with an American Fishing Series event on Pickwick, a club tournament on Lake Istokpoga, the BFL Regional on Seminole and then the TBF State Championship on Istokpoga all before November comes.  I figured now would be the best time to make sure all of my gear is in top shape.  How often do you clean your reels?

I admit I am not the best at maintaining my gear.  I fish it until it gives me a problem, but I appreciate how smooth these reels are now.  I have been thinking of getting some of the Ardent Reel Care Products I have been hearing about, but haven't done it yet.  I cleaned all the dirt and slime on the reels with a Q-Tip and then lubed the bearings and moving parts with Quantum's Hot Sauce.  This stuff is awesome and is really easy to use.  If you have a Shimano Reel and want to know how to clean and maintain your reels, click here to see Shimano's instructions.

No comments:

Archive