November 13, 2010

My Day on The Kennedy Chain

I fished today and much like I predicted, we caught a bunch of fish.  This canal system is pretty weird because it is full of more 10-13 inch fish than you could ever imagine. The fish are stunted beyond belief, but it's still a cool fishery.  I think everyone had a limit, but most were from 4-6 pounds.  We ended up in the middle somewhere with 5.96 pounds.  Like I said last night, it's Florida so the chance of a big fish is there and it was true.  The winners had a fish over seven pounds and had around 12 pounds total.  Overall it was pretty fun;  it was close to home, I caught some fish and it was for a good cause.  What more can you ask for?

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey... it's Florida so it can't be all bad! It is going be in the low 30s tonight where I am. Went fishing today and had three layers of close on!

The Average Joe Fisherman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

larryb said...

Sounds like a bit of a rough one eh Ty? Tourneys can be like that sometimes. :-) What did the bass you did catch, bite on?

TBRINKS said...

@Ryan- yes you are right, really can't complain. I was out in shorts yesterday and today.

TBRINKS said...

@Larry - we were catching them on senkos, spinnerbaits and trick worms. Nothing on topwater but I was trying hard.

Archive