January 25, 2011

Time to Make Some Dinero


The Dinero by Get Five Lures is a bait I have been really excited about for the last few months.  It's a unique design for a soft plastic bait.  Like the website says "totally new. totally awesome".  So what makes this bait different than all of the other plastics on the market?  In my opinion, it is the tail design.  I have had a chance to use this bait several different ways and they all seem to work well.  The tail design is unique and has a great action when you rig it on a drop shot, carolina rig or a shaky head.  All of the ways are ideal uses for The Dinero.

The plastic is very buoyant and looks great on a shaky head.  This video compares this bait on a shaky head compared to a standard trick worm.


I love the color selection of these baits and have so far had best success with a color called Junebugish, but plan to get some more in the other colors like Diablo, Sludge and Gourdita. They also have four new colors coming out: black out, curfew, white rose, and shizzad.  I can't wait to see what they look like.


I was showing this bait to a tackle store the other day and his question was "what does the tail do?"  That's a great question!  From my experience the tail is the key and is also what makes this bait different.  When fished on a drop-shot, it shakes from side to side.  When it is reeled in or swam along on a Texas-rig, it almost looks like a fish tail moving back and forth.  

I have used the bait a few times and caught some decent fish on it, but still feel I haven't used it to it's full potential.  I think it will be an ideal carolina-rig bait and plan to use the new Black Out color as my go-to shaky head bait.  

If you are looking for something new and unique, check out the Dinero!





3 comments:

Jeremy Thornton said...

Curse you Tyler!! Yet another thing I have to try. I gotta stop reading your blog, it's costing me!!

TBRINKS said...

That's funny Jeremy. Don't stop reading because it costs you more in tackle. Isn't it fun to buy all the new stuff?

Native Paddler said...

Tyler.. you using this lure in Salt water? Looks very fishy.. who's got em?

Archive