February 8, 2011

What is the best lake in the country?

If you were watching the FLW results from last weekend, it would be hard to argue against Lake Okeechobee right now.  That's my pic for the current best lake, but things change from month to month and year to year. I just saw this article on "The World's Best Largemouth Lakes" and decided to make a list of my own.  I haven't been to all of them, so I am going to make two lists, one for lakes I have fished and one for lakes I have only fished in my dreams.

Top 5 Lakes I have fished:

  1. Okeechobee (of course)
  2. Clear Lake
  3. The Delta
  4. Lake Havasu
  5. Kissimmee Chain

Top 5 Lakes I can't wait to fish:

  1. Falcon
  2. Amistad
  3. Guntserville (only fished it for a few minutes from a dock)
  4. Potomac River
  5. Lake Fork
What is your list?  I agree with some of the lakes in this article, but disagree with some.  What do you think?  I'd like to know.  



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Champlain should be in there. Great numbers and multi species action.

Thoughts of a Christian Bass Fisherman said...

I think Teldo Bend needs to be on there.

TBRINKS said...

I almost put Champlain on there. I have always wanted to go there. Toledo Bend and Rayburn would have made good picks...but if I chose one more it would be Kentucky Lake.

Unknown said...

Tyler is you ever make it up to Champlain look me up and I'll put you on fish! I get to fish KY in about a month, I'm pumped to try it!

TBRINKS said...

Will do Jody!

Archive