November 10, 2011

Alabama Rig, Calabama Rig or Make Your Own


I just received my own "Alabama Rig".  This one wasn't the official rig from thealabamarig.com, but I didn't want to wait five weeks to try one.  I knew it was only a matter of time before the innovators and duplicators started coming out with their own. My first look at this was last week when my buddy threw it from the back of the boat. He was catching them with it but they were mostly smaller fish.  I am going to rig it up this week and see if I can catch a few with it.

The rig is still hot and people are still wanting it, and it is also now being made by a company called Chubby Chaser. They have the five wire setup called the School Girl and the three hook version that makes it legal in many areas where five hooks are illegal, they call it the Calabama Rig.



If you don't want to wait, or spend the money you could always make your own.  After looking at the rig, it looks simple enough to make and I found a video that shows how to do it.  Check it out.

UPDATE: SORRY THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED!

No comments:

Archive