August 2, 2012

A First Look: Eco Pro Tungsten Heavy Weight Tungsten Jigs

Eco Pro Tungsten is well known for their tungsten weights and innovative terminal tackle items, but now they have jigs.  Of course, they are not just any regular jigs - they're tungsten.  I have been playing around with a couple different sizes and finally got a chance to fish with them this morning.  



For my fishing, I decided to use a 3/16 ounce jig.  The cool thing about this jig is the size, the head of the jig is very small because it's tungsten.  I trimmed the skirt and weed guard quite a bit and the result was a finesse jig that was still big enough (and heavy enough) to cast on baitcast gear with 15lb test fluorocarbon. I also added a 3" Damiki Air Craw as a trailer and the claws stood it up perfectly.



Check em out, the smaller size allows you to do so much more.  I'm looking forward to flipping the 1/2oz size for a finesse flipping approach.


2 comments:

The Hook Up Tackle said...

I'll try it out thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing that info!

Archive