August 16, 2009

Lake Okeechobee!

Just got back from my weekend at The Big O. It was a very interesting weekend. The days were full of thunder, lightning, rain, wind and sun. A little bit of every kind of weather. Yesterday was a practice day, and we spent alot of time running for shelter and hiding from the thunderstorms that were in full effect from 8 am until we got off the water at around 5 pm.

Saturday was much better for me fishing wise. I caught a nice bass that I would have loved to have today for the tournament. I hooked it and it rolled and I immediately regretted catching it.

I also caught two monster bluegill on Pepper Spinnerbaits. I thought one was a fluke, but then caught another later on. I haven't caught a bluegill in a long time and it was actually pretty fun.

The tournament was pretty uneventful for me. Four small keepers caught on a shaky head, which sounds like a few more tournaments I have had in the last few months. 12 pounds won the tournament. The people who did well seemed to have found good grasslines to fish and were throwing swimbaits and Skinny Dippers.


I have another tournament in two weeks. This time it is a Federation event on the Kissimmee Chain...should be fun!

No comments:

Archive