September 9, 2009

The New Shimano Core 50MG

A few years ago when I was working at Cabela's in Post Falls, Idaho I fell in love with the Shimano Core magnesium baitcast reel. It's light, powerful, and looks awesome. This year at ICAST, Shimano came out with a new version of the reel, the smaller 50MG. I love my small Curados and Chronarch 51MG because you can easily palm the reel and still get the power you need.

This reel is awesome and features everything you could ever want in a reel. It weighs just 5.5 oz, and compared to the recently lightened Curado E, that weighs 7.6 oz, this thing is like a feather. Match it up with a Shimano Cumara rod and it feels like nothing in your hands.

Sure you pay for it, at $369.99, but I think it will be well worth it once I can save up enough money....or win enough, to get one.


No comments:

Archive