July 24, 2012

The Drag Queen and a Contest


The Drag Queen jig by Lethal Weapon Lures is something I saw a few months ago and couldn't wait to see if up close.  For one, it's a good looking football jig and I know Lethal Weapon makes some great stuff.  The unique thing about this jig (actually there are a few things) that caught my attention was the rattle. Sure, jigs with rattles aren't that uncommon, but this jig has a rattle inside the head.  The head design is a typically football head design except it is tungsten plated.  The tungsten is positioned where you need it most and I definitely felt more sensitivity when I fished it on some rocky areas of Lake Okeechobee.  Overall it is unique enough to give it a shot.  Here's a little more information about it and keep reading and I'll tell you how you can win one from me.

The Design: The jig is made with premium components like a Gamakatsu hook and hand tied skirt.  The skirt is soft and undulating and much like a mop jig.  I also like the fact that it includes a trailer keeper and the jig is actually wire tied to keep it in place.  Another cool thing about it is the fact that there are painted eyes on the head: pretty unique for a football head.  Since they are on top of the head instead of the side, I think they will be more visible to fish looking down at the jig.

Specifics: It comes in ten great colors and the size is a 5/8oz.  Not sure if they have other sizes planned, but that's a good general size.

Contest: All you have to do is add a comment about what you like about this jig and I will pick a winner.  The winner will be selected from entries received by July 31st at 12:00PM (ET).  You will be entered to win this:



Jig is now available

Scoring for the Drag Queen football jog from Lethal Weapon Lures
Price/Value: 2
It retails for around $5, which is a bit more than your run-of-the-mill jig but with the components and added tungsten plate, it makes sense.
Durability: 3
The paint seems to be holding very well so far.  Unfortunately the rocks in my lakes aren't as numerous as some other locations, but I think it will be above average from my experience.
Performance: 4
It works like any other jig except it has the internal rattle, which I like. I also think the rattle sound is different since it is internal, maybe just enough difference to give a different sound to the fish.
Innovation: 4
Can't recall another tungsten plated jig and there are very few with internal rattles in the head.
Availability: 3
TackleWarehouse.com and CustomLures.net and possibly your local tackle store.

Total Score: 16 - Good Buy!


15 comments:

Hookin' Fish Outdoors said...

I love the big eyes!!!!!!

P.J. Pahygiannis said...

That looks really Awesome!

Unknown said...

A rattle INSIDE the head! finally someone read my mind

Donny bass said...

The keeper!!!!!! I hate when throwing jigs and the trailer keeps slidding down. Nice looking jig!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a winner...
Danny Barker

Unknown said...

Another Great Review!!! Jig looks real nice!!!!

john paul said...

I like that they are all hand tied by Bob from Lacrosse Wis. His old footballs are beasts on the wing dams of the river. This one will be too!

JayPee from www.CAST312.com and HipHopFishing.com

JayPeeTheHHF on twitter and instagram

Mark said...

Great article my friend! Keep up the great work!

MSPbass said...

I think it's the rattle inside the head. Not that it's just inside, but inside with tungsten. I'm really curious about the sound. I bet it would be really different if it was all tungsten, but I'm wondering if it's still different from your normal rattle sound with the tungsten plating.

Unknown said...

i really like to look of this jig i also likr the big eyes it looks like a keeper and those bass would eat that up like crazy

samuel groves said...

Ilike the fact that it's hand tied.

Unknown said...

My 2 favorite features are the thick, mop jig-like skirt and the internal rattle is awesome...nothing to fall off or get in the way of the hook or trailer.

Best fishing said...

Buckeye Finesse Jigs are excellent choice as well. It is designed for all types of fishing. You can look at it on Visit fishing world

bigcarp said...

And a never ending quest for the perfect color? What color do you suggest?

TBRINKS said...

@bigcarp you can never go wrong with a good craw color. It depends on the color of the crawfish in your area. They have some good colors available.

Archive