February 22, 2010

Product Review: Ardent F700 Denny Brauer Flip-N-Pitch Reel

 

Since moving to Florida I have totally changed my way of fishing.  I have lived in Washington State and Nevada in the past and always relied on spinning gear, light line and small baits to catch my fish.  Now that I'm here I have officially become a flipper.  It's a great way to catch big fish, and if you don't do it down here you will often be left in the dust at the weigh-in.

One of my favorite new reels was designed for Ardent Reels by Denny Brauer, the F700.  It's made just for flippin' and pitchin.  "Denny has created the ultimate reel for anglers that flip and pitch. The narrow spool and large ceramic line eye reduce friction to allow for smooth effortless casts. The stainless steel handle and 22-pound Perma-Lock Drag System provide for strong hooksets and retrieves. The strong, lightweight aluminum frame and sideplates have the Denny Brauer Signature finish." ardentreels.com 

All of the features they have put together just make sense.  The drag is permanently set at 22lbs, so you don't get any slippage.  The large ceramic line guide is perfect for the technique, there is no need for a levelwind.  

I have been using this reel my last two tournaments and love how it performs.  It makes it so much easier to flip and pitch all day.  I am really starting to love Ardent Reels after fishing Shimano only since I started bass fishing.  The best part is these reels are made in the U.S.  Check out the website at www.ardentreels.com and see what they have to offer. You can buy the reel from Tackle Warehouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can be pathetic there are people out there never searching over this weblog. Great job

Archive