February 23, 2010

American Fishing Series - Lake Okeechobee

Thursday is the first day of the FLW American Fishing Series on Lake Okeechobee.  I'll be fishing as a co-angler.  I haven't been on the Big O in over a month and I'm looking forward to getting back over there.  The weather this year has been crazy, cold and windy, with cold fronts hitting us over and over.  It has been really nice this week and I hear the beds are everywhere.  I just looked at the weather report and its supposed to drop down to 40 degrees the night before the tournament.  This might slow things down a bit, but the fishing should be awesome compared to the BASS Southern Open and FLW Series Events that were held in January.  You can read the entire press release here.  If you wanna see how I do live, you can watch FLW Live starting at 3pm ET on Thursday by clicking here.

2 comments:

Basspastor said...

I wish FLW had a BFL or American Series near me, so I could fish them. Last year the Minnesota Federation of Bass Anglers did put on Co-Angler tournaments fairly close to me, but I had conflicts.

TBRINKS said...

Yeah we're pretty fortunate down here as BFL, American Fishing Series and FLW Series all make stops down here. We also have Bassmaster Opens and Bassmaster Weekend Series. Do you have Weekend Series up there???

Archive