March 23, 2010

Pegging Your Weights

I was just reading a thread on the Florida Bass Network forum about pegging weights.  It seems like everyone has their own preferred way to peg their sinkers.  My favorite way to do it by using a Bass Pro Shops sinker stop.  They are really inexpensive and seem to hold up better than the Tru-Tungsten smart pegs and are easier to use than the t-stops.  I like to peg my weight almost all of the time.  Do you peg? And if so, what's your favorite way to do it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I usualy only peg in brush or wood, I don't punch much vegetation because of my locale. Sometimes in pads I will use a peg.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Top_Brass_Bead_Peg-It_Pegging_System/descpage-TBBP.html

I think these are what I use. I have been working my way through a large pack for a while now. I tried the tru tungsten pegs and was not thrilled, they were too hard to rig.

BassFishingDem said...

I'm currently using the Peg It style pegs. When i get a good amount of use out of them, I plan on writing up a review.

Basspastor said...

Last year I don't think I threw a single sliding sinker rig pegged or not all season.

In the past I usually have not pegged the sinker.

Archive