August 10, 2010

Charlie Evans Leaving FLW: My Thoughts

These past few weeks have been crazy for bass fishing!  As Rich Lindgren also noted last week, this has been a time of many changes.  It seems like all I have been talking about is sales, sponsor announcements and now Charlie Evans leaving FLW.  I don't know what to say about this, Charlie has been there forever.  He is a great guy and the face of FLW.  I read about it and the thing that stood out was his comments about how "it’s time for fresh leadership, and I fully understand that.”  This makes me think it wasn't his choice.  I wish him the best.  This also means the mic is now open for FLW events and I hope they at least consider bringing back Chris Jones, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and a great fishing emcee.  Wired2Fish has a more detailed description of what happened, you can check it out here.

No comments:

Archive