August 21, 2010

Making Your Own Lures

I have been doing some research lately on building some of my own baits. I have tied jigs in the past and loved doing it. I am thinking of branching out into pouring lead jigs, making custom plastics and even airbrushing some hardbaits. I found some great sites today. One of them is tackleunderground.com, a forum based site that answers any question you could ever think of for making lures. The other site is called makelure.com, and is hosted by Larry Dahlberg (host of"The Hunt for Big Fish"). With the materials he is using, it looks like you can make anything. Check out this video.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Looks like a meth-lab almost! haha how would i know what a meth lab looks like, right?

Just kidding, but, Larry Dahlberg is a sick muther f'er...His show is crazy.

If you wanna build lures, all you need is a fed tax id and a subscription to Lakeland catalog.

TBRINKS said...

Haha Russ...and yeah Larry D is the man. I watched all of those videos and he has some great ideas.

I'll have to check out the Lakeland catalog, I have always ordered from Jann's Netcraft and Stamina.

Archive