August 1, 2010

The Scrounger: A Disappointing First Experience

Last week I got the chance to try some new products I have been hearing about for months.  I finally bought some Scroungers and got to use them a little bit.  I don't know what I was expecting from them, but I didn't like them.  I talked to one of my buddies and he said he had the same experience with them.  He said they aren't even in his boat anymore.  

I used them with a fluke and did catch two on it, but the scrounger head didn't really do much.  I don't think I will be buying anymore.  I was thinking they would have more action.  I used the shallow version, maybe the deeper models would have more of a vibration or shake to them.  Have you ever used them? What were your thoughts?



6 comments:

Steve vonBrandt said...

Put a Strike Kind Perfect Skirt on it with a Zoom Split tail trailer and hop that along when the bite is slow and see what happens. It will work.

TBRINKS said...

I'll try that, thanks for the top Steve!

Derek Kaalberg said...

We used my Spooky Flukes On Em and Had Sum Luck on Suspending Kentuckys

TBRINKS said...

I didn't try the spooky fluke, everyone said to use the "jr." size for better action

Shaye Baker said...

We were sitting in first with 16 lbs 10 oz on day one of the College Fishing National Championship last April in large part due to the Scrounger. It's not my favorite bait but is useful in certain situations. On Loudon the fish were pre-spawn and staging around big rocks. We'd pause it just past the rocks and the fish would kill it. Try a Powerbait minnow or original soom fluke on a 1/4 oz medium bill. Big minnow baits take away from the action.

TBRINKS said...

Good info Shaye. Thanks for stopping by.

Archive