August 2, 2010

How to Combine Braid to Fluorocarbon

A few weeks ago I had the chance to use the InvisaSwivel by Aquateko.  I thought it was a cool idea and saw the benefits when drop-shotting to reduce line twist.  This is a great use of the swivel, but the way most people are using it is by combining braid to fluorocarbon or mono leaders.  I have seen several people using braid on spinning rods for finesse fishing and then tying a fluorocarbon leader on to get the benefits of both the braid and fluoro.  Increased sensitivity and strength combined with the invisible properties of fluorocarbon . Check out this video to see how to connect the two.  I will have a contest coming up later this week for a chance to use try the InvisaSwivel for yourself.  

2 comments:

FHC Outdoors said...

Very cool, I just may need to try them out. Thanks TBrinks.

TBRINKS said...

Yeah Daniel, they are pretty cool. I was back in Spokane last month and tested them on the smallies in the Pend Oreille River. I miss those smallmouth!

Archive