September 9, 2010

My Most Important Tournament of the Year


This weekend is my biggest tournament of the year. I have been fishing the BFL's all season and have been very blessed fishing as a co-angler. I have cashed a check each of the four events and am currently leading the points race. My good fortune started with great draws and the chance to just fish and not worry about anything else. I badly want to be Angler Of the Year. I did this back in 2001 as a teenager in the BFL Colorado River Division (which is no longer around). To win again would be a major accomplishment in my fishing career.

Lake Okeechobee is the site of this weekend's tournament and is also my adopted home lake as it is the closest of any of the major tournament waters I fish. To say the fishing has been great on the Big O would be an understatement. The water levels are perfect, the grass is plentiful and the bass are biting. Catching fish is not a problem as the fish are everywhere you stop. I have heard people saying this is like the Lake Okeechobee of the past where you can catch fish all day. I just need to find some better fish to include in my limit. I am leading by a decent margin, but anything can happen in fishing, espescially when fishing as a co-angler. I am hoping to get a kicker fish early to kind of calm me down. I'm not too nervous about fishing, but we will see how I sleep tomorrow night. I know I will be dreaming of six pounders and speedworms all night.

PlaceFirst Name | Last NameCity / StatePointsWinnings
1TYLER BRINKS FORT MYERS, FL760$1,383
2BRUCE BOZMAN ST. CLOUD, FL737$947
3LUKE CAMPBELL FORT LAUDERDALE, FL732$3,098
4DAVID BEAR WINTER HAVEN, FL705$250
5DONNIE VAN DYKE OKEECHOBEE, FL701$1,233
6DOUG GARNER PORT ST. LUCIE, FL689$897
7CECIL HOCK VALRICO, FL683$1,759
8RICK BROWNING PLANTATION, FL674$660
9MIKE CALLOWAY TITUSVILLE, FL673$3,477
10KYLE MONTI OKEECHOBEE, FL667$312

Here is the entire press release from FLW Outdoors.

5 comments:

Basspastor said...

Good Luck!!!

TBRINKS said...

Thanks BP!

West Coaster said...

You'll do just fine I'm sure,good luck and have fun,Danny

Matt said...

Awesome finish! Congratulations on a victory in a major event. :-) Keep up the blog, it looks great!

TBRINKS said...

Thanks Matt! Also thanks to Danny and BP for the good luck's, they worked!

Archive