September 6, 2010

The Shimano Caenan Reel

I just discovered the new Shimano Caenan after browsing the new section at tacklewarehouse.com. It debuted at the ICAST show this year and must have slipped by me as I didn't notice it until now. After checking out the specs I am pretty interested in seeing how this reel performs. I'm a life-long Shimano fan and have every version of Curado and Chronarch you can think of plus some others. The reel looks great and the price is only $89.99. From what I have heard, the new Citica is awesome, and at just one step below, the Caenan might be a great deal. Tackletour.com, as always, was all over it and showcased some of the best features of the reel. One thing I really liked, besides the price, was the EVA Power Grips. They are out of stock at Tackle Warehouse, but I will keep my eyes on this reel over the next few months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good reel but I doubt you will like the grips. I have not heard much good about the EVA grips on the new Stradic and those look eerily similar. I love the big grips on the E7's and my Stradic Fi. I would probably put some after-market grip on that reel if I got one.

TBRINKS said...

Thanks for the info. I played with the new Stradic CI4 with those EVA grips and didn't seem to mind, I guess when you fish with it all day it might be a different story. I agree the E7's are awesome.

Ryan said...

Hi... just stumbled on your blog. Good stuff. I am a fan of Shimano reels. I have one baitcaster and three open face.

The Average Joe Fisherman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

TBRINKS said...

Ryan..thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog!

Archive