February 2, 2011

Another Reason to use Fluorocarbon...Spinnerbaits



I use Seaguar fluorocarbon for just about everything.  I used to only use it for my spinning rods and jig and worm rods, but over the last few years, I have seen the benefits for other uses.  I just read an article on Wired2Fish about using fluorocarbon for spinnerbaits.  It's a great piece on why you should expand your use of fluorocarbon.  One of the things I really agree with is "We believe it's actually better for a number of reasons. One reason is abrasion resistance and toughness, but another is feel."  Those are just two of the reasons I like using fluoro on spinnerbaits and all reaction baits in general.  I also like to use it on my cranking as I feel it sinks better and lets the bait dive deeper than it would on mono.  


As always, it's important to have the right setup, and like they said in the article "the key to using Seaguar InvizX fluorocarbon for spinnerbaits is the right rod and reel."  You can have the best line ever made, but without the whole package it's hard to get the full effect. 

If you aren't using fluorocarbon on reaction baits you are really missing out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Disagree, braid is a lot better than fluoro, better for ripping them out of grass, better hooksets. I don't miss fish with just like I don't miss fish when I fish a crank with braid. The fish are a lot quicker at taking a bait then we are at responding to it. Better sensitivity too, you feel every bump when slow rolling.

TBRINKS said...

Braid is good also. I don't know about baits with trebles though, it can cause the trebles to rip out. Just my opinion.

Unknown said...

Well it's kinda like you said. With the right setup you can use any kinda of line. I prefer floro for most of my fishing. From jerkbaits to some topwaters. It does depend on what action I want. I like braid for flippin and popRs but mainly flippin. I don't like to constantly have to unrap the braid from my topwaters and crankbaits. If you're going too tie two lines together, why not just use the one that's tied to the lure.

Unknown said...

I guess its preference, I think I'm doing it right but so do we all. I'll argue for braid to fluoro all day long but it usually is useless.

TBRINKS said...

your right Jody...it's about preference. Some guys will use mono only forever. Some braid and some a mix.

Archive