February 3, 2011

Expect to see some big ones today

The FLW Tour Open started today on Lake Okeechobee.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of the guys fishing it.  At this moment, just an hour away from me, the field is fishing a legendary lake during the prime season.  Lake Okeechobee has been awesome for the last year or so and this event is timed perfectly.  The weather is right and the big ones will be biting.  I'll be over there this weekend to see some friends and talk to some of the pros. Expect some coverage from the event to be posted here on Saturday and Sunday.  

If you are watching the weigh-in today, expect to see several fish pushing ten pounds with a few over.  I'm still looking for that elusive 10+, but have two chances next week on the Big O.  I just found this article about the prime time to catch the elusive lunker.  It's called "Lunker Time" and lunker time it is!

No comments:

Archive