May 1, 2011

Will Gas Prices Affect Your Fishing?



I was browsing through a forum on FishExplorer.com and saw an interesting question posed by one of the members: Are the higher gas prices making you a better fisherman?

I thought this was pretty interesting and got me to think about how it affects our fishing trips.  If gas prices continue to rise, will we fish an area more thoroughly instead of running around the whole lake looking for that next great spot?  I know it has already started to affect the decisions of some fishermen prefishing for events.  Instead of launching and driving across the lake to a spot, they are seeking ramps that are closer to where they intend to fish. 

It's still at the beginning of the rise, but some are predicting $5.00 per gallon of gas in the near future.  How will this affect your fishing and at what point will you decide it's not worth it to take the boat out?

Post your comment below

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

never

Unknown said...

There are some pretty large lakes in MN, but for the most part they are small enough that it's not a huge problem for me. Now feeding the truck in order to get to lake is another question entirely... I don't expect it to have to much effect though as my favorite holes are all within 20 minutes of me now anyway.

TBRINKS said...

It won't affect me, I'll always fish. Maybe a few less long trips, but I'll still be there no matter what.

Archive