April 30, 2011

My New Boat


Today was a great day for us, we put in the order for our first brand new boat.  It has been a process over the last few years testing boats, finding what we wanted in a boat and looking for the boat and boat brand that made us decide that the time was right.  We decided on Legend Boats after test driving one, doing research and talking to everyone we knew about what boat is best and why. The ride of the boat is unbelievable and I can't wait to see what it will do on the rough waters of Lake Okeechobee. The boat we ordered is a Legend Alpha 199 (19foot 10inches) with a 225hp Mercury Pro XS and Lowrance HDS units (an HDS8 and HDS5).  Being a Co-Angler for years, I have been in just about every brand of boat that has ever been made.  Previously owning a boat for five years really showed me what I want in a boat and in an engine, and I couldn't be happier with the final result.

I posted something about preferred colors on a bass boat today on Facebook and heard some great responses and people wanted to know what we chose.  The great thing about Legend is you can really make anything you can dream.  We decided to go with a white hull, with platinum plus (gunmetal) on the inside and consoles, with a black bottom.  The accent stripe will be the platinum plus fading into candy apple red flake.  The colors will really make the Mercury look great hanging off the back. 

If you have not seen the fading of the colors, it is hard to describe without seeing it in person.  The pictures don't do it justice.  This isn't the same color we ordered, but you can see the fading and accents. The carpet and seats are all going to make the boat look great.  Again, I can't wait!


Legend Commercial from Bass East on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Thoughts of a Christian Bass Fisherman said...

Congrats, I hope some day soon I too will get to buy a new boat. I really like the Ledgend boats. I'm really hapy for ya man

Tom Inmon said...

Sounds like a sweet boat! Congratulations again, you are going to love it. The legends do ride nice, and are made really well. Now the hard part, the wait!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! That's an awesome boat!!!

Archive