August 14, 2011

2011 Forrest Wood Cup Lures

I just saw a cool post on Wired2Fish.com where they posted a few pictures of the rods and reels the Top 10 Pros had on their decks before taking off.  It was a good way to see the baits the pros actually planned to use vs. what they say they were using when asked on stage.  I noticed a few things from the pictures; one being that everyone seemed to be using the Brian's Prop Bee.  This is a sleeper bait and always seems to come up during summer tournaments where the bluegill are bedding and the bass are chasing them around.  



This looks to be Andy Montgomery's deck as the rods look like they are all Fetha Styx.  The post doesn't say who it is, but that's my guess.  Also I can see he has a Paycheck Baits Repo Man (which I love) attached, with some prop baits, swimbaits and a makeshift buzzbait.  The buzzbait looks like it has a white Zoom Horny Toad on it.  That is a very interesting idea!


If you look at this pic, you can see a Triton Mike Bucca Bull Shad, another sleeper underground bait that I have heard great things about.

It was cool seeing all of the baits they were using and I am anxious to see who actually wins this event.

No comments:

Archive