August 23, 2011

Isolate Your Eyes With Cocoons Sunglasses


I love my grandparents, but I never wanted to look like them. With that being said, I was pretty picky when I decided to try some sunglasses that fit over my prescription sunglasses. I wanted a pair that were functional, but also as stylish as possible. I have worn contacts for years and never had a problem just wearing regular sunglasses, but there are times when I feel like wearing my glasses to avoid the dry eyes and pains of contacts after fishing in the wind and elements.  I contacted Cocoons to do a review of their sunglasses after hearing about them for years with the sponsorship of Mike Iaconelli and Ish Monroe.  I thought, "if they are good enough for those guys, they are worth a shot".

For the product review, I tested a pair called the Wide Line.  They have a cool sizing chart available on the website.  You print it out and then fit your frames into the sizing template they have provided.  If your frames fit into the square on the chart, they fit.  They have enough sizes and styles to fit even the biggest prescription glasses.



After fishing with them for a few trips I am really impressed with the quality of them as well as the added benefits for sunglasses that wrap around your face and "isolate your eyes".  When driving the boat at a high speed, my eyes were completely protected from the wind and rain.  With my contacts and my regular sunglasses, I would always end up with dry or wet eyes from the elements and it would often lead to uncomfortable situations when I was fishing.  While I was fishing, it was also pretty cool to have no sunrays in my eyes as I was fishing in the summer heat.  They offer 360 degrees of protection that completely isolates the eyes from the elements.  

I think they are great sunglasses for a specialty market.  Not everyone wears glasses, but if you do; this is a great investment.  The features and technology are great for the price and I came away impressed with them.  They are not going to replace all my sunglasses, but they come in all of the colors and styles necessary to be your only pair of sunglasses.


Scoring for the Cocoons Sunglasses
Price/Value: 5
They retail for anywhere between $45-$60.  For quality sunglasses, this is a steal. 
Durability: 4
Too soon to tell, but I am pretty hard on sunglasses and they are scratch free so far. They feature a Polare lens system that is durable and scratch resistant. They are also made of a Ballistic Nylon that makes them strong and virtually unbreakable.  
Performance: 4
I was impressed with the benefits of the sunglasses and how well they protected my eyes and also loved how light they are.  The Soft Touch frame is 30% lighter than comparable frames.
Innovation: 3
They are unique and functional, but not the most innovative.  It's kind of hard for sunglasses to truly be innovative. 
Availability: 4
They can be found on TackleWarehouse as well as Bass Pro and many others.
Total Score: 20  - Must Have!



No comments:

Archive