September 20, 2011

Bringin' Back the Classics!


It's interesting how bass fishing continues to evolve and the latest and greatest trendy products and techniques seem to replace what has been proven to work for years.  I am as guilty of this as anyone else and sometimes need to get back to basics. TheFishNReport.com is doing a series on Bringin' Back the Classics and it is a good reminder for me (and maybe you) to get back to the originals once in a while.  

I particularly liked their article on the Jitterbug and Hula Popper.  These baits are CLASSIC. Anyone who is a bass fisherman likely has a few and chances are they have been sitting in a box somewhere.  I actually found one fishing last year on the Harris Chain and told myself I would use it sometime.  It was in perfect condition and it went to my box and has not been tied on.  Maybe now is the time to bring back the classics.  

They also did a piece on some other "old school" baits.


This is a six part series so there will be two more classic lures brought back into the spotlight. What "classics" do you still use and what should be forgotten forever?

No comments:

Archive