October 12, 2011

Gone Fishin'

I'm headed to Lake Okeechobee again Friday morning and will be fishing the Florida TBF State Championship. I qualified as a non-boater earlier this year but am able to fish this event in my Legend boat on the boater side.  I'm really excited about this event and hope to make the state team since next year's Divisional is also here in Florida and most likely will be on Okeechobee again.  If there was ever a time to do well and make the state team, it is now, when both the state championship and divisional are on a lake I now call my home lake.  I fished the last two weekends up there and really struggled, but this week should be different.

The water is rising and I do not want to do what I did the last two weeks, which was fish the rim canal and Kissimmee River.  Those places hold fish, but it's not real Okeechobee fishing.  I'm not giving away too much, but I will say that I am putting a bunch of braided line on my reels and will be fishing with three techniques I love to fish on Okeechobee.

I'll explain more after the tournament!

1 comment:

Russ said...

KVD's book says they follow the rising water back into the bushes and will hold on manicured front lawns! lol Best of luck out there in the jungle

Archive