November 20, 2011

Fishing for the Future

I went fishing today but didn't make a cast.  I actually went as a volunteer boater for the local Junior Bass Club that is part of my bass club, the Fort Myers Bass Club.  We fished a local chain of lakes, the Kennedy Chain in Cape Coral.  It was a fun day; the kids had a great time and I really enjoyed seeing them fish for their limits of bass.



I had three kids on my boat and they all caught fish.  They had some impressive skills for 13 and 14 year olds and were very eager to learn and ask questions about what to do next. I had fun and will definitely do it again.  Special thanks to Kevin and Jennifer Varnadoe for starting the Fort Myers Junior Bass Assasins last year.  It seemed like the kids and parents really love doing this and it helps keep the next generation of bass anglers interested in the sport. 

If you are looking for a way to get involved with youth bass fishing, check out the The Bass Federation's Youth Fishing Program.




No comments:

Archive