April 30, 2012

Okeechobee Giants

I spent yesterday a a volunteer boater for my bass club's junior club.  It's always fun to take out the kids, they both caught fish and had fun.  They weigh in at 12, so that always leaves me with the afternoon to get out and catch some fish.  It's fun watching the kids catch fish but after a few hours I'm dying to catch a few.  

It was a stormy, windy and rainy day and kept getting worse as it got later, but Tanya and I still went out to see what we could do. Lake Okeechobee has been on fire for months and is still taking 30+lbs to win the tournaments.  I decided to flip the whole time with a Taylor Man's Custom Lures flipping jig and was rewarded with this one towards the end of the day.  I would have loved to spent more time out there as the fishing is good and I finally found some good areas.  I hope the water level stays where it's at because it is getting harder to get into these areas.





No comments:

Archive