March 6, 2013

Finally fishing this weekend!

It seems like it's been forever since I've taken the boat out on the water. Actually it's been almost exactly four months...which is way too long. The lakes are starting to thaw and I will finally get a chance to catch my first bass of the season. I'm hearing the water temps are in the high 30's, but I don't care.

I can't recall catching bass in water that cold (besides ice fishing), so I'm kind of in a dilemma about what to use if I hope to catch anything. Here is what I have in mind:


Poor Boy's Blade Baits: I have heard about how well these do in cold water but have never really tried them. I picked up a few and will be giving them a chance



Damiki Pen 2: This little drop shot worm is the perfect size and shape for slow moving bass. I will have some of these rigged up in the watermelon/black color.



Havoc Sick Fish: I picked up some of these at the Classic and love how they look. The really small size, the  3" in the clear bream color should do well on a little jighead.

No comments:

Archive