July 21, 2009

Seaguar AbrazX

I remember when fluorocarbon starting becoming popular on the West coast in the early 2000's. I was fishing deep clear lakes like Mead, Mohave, Havasu and Shasta in California. I was skeptical and didn't think the added cost would make a difference. I started using it just on my spinning gear for drop-shotting and became a believer.

Now I'm living in Florida, and it is all I use. There are so many benefits to fluorocarbon; the abrasion resistance, invisibility underwater, knot strength, and the low stretch. You can read all the truths about the fluorocarbon myths here.

Today let's talk about abrasion resistance. How many times have you fished around rocks, a dock or brush pile and had to retie every few casts because the line would get nicked and frayed? Fluorocarbon reduces the amount of times you have to retie and waste fishing time. My favorite line for these situations is Seaguar's AbrazX. Seaguar invented fluorocarbon in 1971 and is still the leader. I have some buddies who tried the cheapest stuff they could find and had a bad experience, now they hate fluorocarbon. When you buy your next spool, try the best.


Bass Pro Shops

No comments:

Archive