August 9, 2009

Big Baits = Big Fish

It makes sense that using bigger fish would attract bigger fish. After all, they probably need more to satisfy their hunger. We all know that this isn't always the case, but sometimes it does make a big difference.

FLWoutdoors.com just did a great article featuring Ish Monroe and some of the tricks he uses to upsize his baits for big bass. You can read it here.

One new bait that I just got my hands on is a plastic worm made by Net Bait. It's 15 inches long! You can see the size of the new bait compared to my other favorite big worm, the 10 inch Gambler ribbontail. If you look closely, you can see that the "body" part of the worm is actually longer on the 10 inch worm. The Net Bait worm just has a much longer ribbon tail. I know this bait will still catch those 2 pounders, but my chances of catching a monster should be better. I can't wait to try it out next weekend on Okeechobee!

No comments:

Archive