August 10, 2009

The Damiki Stinger

The other day I had the chance to try a new bait from Damiki called the Stinger. Damiki is fairly new to America. They are based out of Korea and first caught my attention last year when they released their Dark Angel rods. The rods are awesome looking and are surprisingly affordable.
Damiki actually makes a huge selection of baits, everything from spinnerbaits, crankbaits, jigs to soft plastics. My first chance to try one of their baits was a few nights ago when I used the 4" Stinger in junebug. I caught a nice fish with it in a short period of time.

It seems like every company under the sun makes a "senko" type bait. Some work, and most don't. But this bait is unique because it has a shape, almost more pointed. It seems to dart from side to side and slide through grass very well. It can also be very effective when just fished wacky or texas rigged, allowing it to fall slowly. I really think this bait has some great applications and I will definitely be buying more of them.

No comments:

Archive