August 12, 2009

Lake Okeechobee Club Tournament

This weekend the Fort Myers Bass Club is fishing Lake Okeechobee out of Clewiston, FL. I am really looking forward to this event as the lake is finally at a normal level. The famed bass lake has been through quite a few ups and downs recently. I have only lived in Florida since last March and I have seen plenty of highs and lows for this great lake.

I am heading there Saturday to pre-fish and then fishing the tournament on Sunday. My head is spinning with what to use, but I think I have narrowed it down to some key baits:

Super Spook in Okie Shad - This big bait catches some huge fish and I hear they are catching some good fish on topwater.

Snag Proof Ish's Phat Frog in Papa Midnight (black) - I love frogs, and never leave home without this bait.

A 3/16 oz Buckeye Spot Remover with a black worm - Shaky heads work great in Florida

Accent Lures Koza Shad in Ozark Chrome - A rattletrap is a must have in any lake in Florida.

I know I'll have a few more baits to bring, but these are my favorites and have never let me down. I can't wait until Saturday!

No comments:

Archive