October 17, 2009

Shaky Head and Flick-It Fishing

Today I went fishing at a small canal down the street from my house. I found this cool little place when I was looking at a condo in the area. I knew it had potential but never really had the chance to fish it. It turned out to be an awesome day.

Today we had a cold front come in the area. Florida is notorious for these fronts and usually they put the bass in the negative mood, but not today. It has been in the 90's for months and today was in the mid 70's.

I really wanted to use my new Lamiglas Excel shaky head rod to see how it would perform. I was using a Buckeye Lures Spot Remover jighead with a black Gambler Giggy Snake. I caught a few small bass and then they kept getting bigger and bigger. I caught a two pounder, then a three, then a four. It was really fun and the rod worked great. Somehow I forgot to bring more shaky head worms, so I started using a Buckeye Flick-It with a Power Bait Sinkworm. I was given a sample pack of these baits but had never used them, I was impressed. The thing is really heavy and casts a mile. I ended up catching eight or nine bass in about an hour of fishing but then I ran out of worms. Next time I will bring more!

No comments:

Archive