December 31, 2009

2009 Year in Review


We finished 2009 today by catching a few bass that have started bedding in a canal we like to fish.  It was a perfect ending to the year.  Overall 2009 was a good year for me; I started this blog in March, improved my fishing techniques, found some great new baits, and I also did pretty good in my tournaments.

For the year I fished twenty tournaments throughout Florida.  I cashed a check eight times and I'm proud to say that I didn't blank in any of the events.  I fished year round, in all types of weather but still always came back to the scales with at least one fish.  


Some of my highlights were:

  • Qualifying for the BFL Regional on Lake Seminole
  • Making the Day 2 Cut at the BFL on the Kissimee Chain in September
  • Winning the Fort Myers Bass Club tournament on the Caloosahatchee River
  • Finishing 2nd at Lake Reedy and Lake Walk-in-Water
  • Qualifying for the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation State Championship on Lake Okeechobee
  • Fishing the Bassmaster Southern Open on the Harris Chain and drawing Bobby Lane
I used many baits this year, but for me 2009 was dominated by soft plastics.  I did the best on shaky head, flick shake, Zoom Speed Worms, and senkos.

2010 is going to be a great year.  I fish my first tournament of the year next weekend on Lake Okeechobee and then I will be fishing quite a bit until May.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Archive