February 27, 2010

What a Great Weekend

I spent the last two days fishing hard all day on Lake Okeechobee and although I didn't make the finals and get to fish today, I still had a full weekend left.  Today was pretty cold in the morning and rainy for most of the day but I still spent a good part of the day fishing in my backyard canal.  All told I caught 26 bass today, with the biggest being around 3 pounds.  Most of them came on senkos and a dropshot rig.  I was using various Sasquatch Soft Plastics, like the 6" Tsiatko and 4.5" Zoobie finesse worms in purple and watermelon.  I was out fishing in wind and pouring rain.  Thank god for Goretex!  I sure wish I had some of those fish on Lake O during the AFS Tournament.

Tomorrow I'm headed out to do something a little different, saltwater fishing!  I live right on the saltwater but rarely get out to fish in it.  I'm hoping to catch a few trout and redfish.  It should be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

afs?

TBRINKS said...

American Fishing Series formerly the Stren Series

Archive