March 11, 2010

BASS Elite Series on the Delta

The results for the Bassmaster Elite season opener on the Delta were a little surprising to me.  I put together my roster for fantasy fishing expecting my team to do very well.  They didn't. Actually the best finishers were quite a surprise to me. Some of my picks were nowhere to be found and guys like Dennis Tietje, Guy Eaker and Derek Remitz were all near the top.  It's nice to see some different guys do well.  On the other side of it Kevin Van Dam finished in 37th, Aaron Martens finished in 64th, Fred Roumbanis in 67th...while Terry Scroggins, Boyd Duckett and Davy Hite all blanked. Overall the weights were pretty low and I'm hoping things turn around tomorrow.  I have fished the Delta a few times and know this place can do better.  Let's hope the weather improves and they sack em tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Basspastor said...

Remitz and Browning faired pretty well the last time out at the Cali Delta. Tietje must be a rookie. Can't say I've ever seen the name before. I don't follow the Opens to closely.

TBRINKS said...

Your right they did pretty good last time. I hope some of my picks do better today.

Archive