March 13, 2010

BFL Harris Chain 17th Place

I had another great day on the water today on the Harris Chain of Lakes.  I finished in 17th and now sit in 6th place in the season points standings.  One step closer to my goal of Angler of the Year.  I was fortunate to have another good draw.  At the meeting I asked where he was staying and he said, "my house".  These are good words to hear at the pre-tournament meeting.  

The day started off slow and at noon I had one fish and he had two.  The next two hours were a flurry and we each ended up culling a few times.  I caught all of my fish on a Speedworm, just like I predicted a few days ago.  He was bed fishing and also catching them flipping.  I weighed in 8lbs 15oz and was happy to have another limit.  

I'm fishing again tomorrow on Lake June for a club tournament and expect the day to be much nicer than today.  We had winds over 30 mph today and it was downright rough out there.  Now it's off to bed for some much needed sleep.

On another note:  I will be interviewing Elite Series Rookie, 19 year old Bradley Roy and will be posting my interview on Monday.  Check back to hear about his first Elite Series event and thoughts on fishing as a pro. 

No comments:

Archive