April 5, 2010

Calling All Lady Anglers

A few weeks ago I posted about the "Revival of Women's Pro Bass Fishing" and how things are in the works for another trail for women only.  I am interested in this topic because my fiance is becoming more serious about tournament bass fishing and wants to expand her horizons.  We were even talking about her trying to fish some of the WBT events as a co-angler next year, however B.A.S.S. canceled the series early this year.  I think it is only a matter of time befire someone picks up this idea and runs with it.  The groundwork is already there and the fisherwomen are ready.  Bassfan.com has a piece about this in their Dock Talk section today about an upcoming event on Kentucky Lake that includes a Pro/Am tournament and an organization planning meeting afterwards.  You can read more about it by clicking here and watch the promotional video below.

What do you think about the future of women's bass fishing?  I have heard from several anglers that feel like women can compete with the guys just fine, and others who think the tour is needed.  I'd like to know what you think.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the video. There definitely is interest or this wouldn't be a topic.

I'm not sure why the tour was canceled...maybe due to the economy, but I doubt if it was due to female angler participation.

I firmly believe that the women anglers are there if the tournament trail is also.

TBRINKS said...

What do you think Tammy...would you fish their trail?

Team MiRketti said...

I think that women anglers can definately compete with men. It's just a matter of time before there are women in the elites. I also believe in options, and if women would have more fun fishing with other women, then there should be a league for that.

Anonymous said...

I think women fishermen are just as competive as men, I think they should have there own circuit but also be able to fish the open circuits as well. I thought it was great having a female presence in the Bassmasters Classic it did alot for the sport of fishing for women. I do hope there is away for them to figure out how to continue to make the sport of tx fishing for women a great success.

Archive